On June 29, 1946, Rev. James Pruitt conducted the first Sunday School and Service of Pleasant Grove First Assembly of God. They conducted a revival every night for eight months. At first a tent and then a metal building was built. Later, siding was put on it. The Pruitts pastored for six years. Other pastors of Pleasant Grove AG were: Paul Spinden, Douglas Hoke, Bro Smallwood and Bro. Dickson.
Boulevard Assembly of God was begun in 1948 on Illinois Blvd. by Harvey Rose. Bro. Rose and Associate E.E. Schaffer, pastored until 1956. Bro. Clifford Walker pastored until 1959. Bro. Bayless was pastor until 1966. In Sept of 1966, Bro. Gordon Nelms assumed the pastorate. Boulevard Assembly merged with Pleasant Grove First Assembly in 1967. Bro Nelms became the Pastor of Pleasant Grove First Assembly of God. Pleasant Drive Assembly of God was begun in August of 1954 by Harry Rose. Bro. Rose retired in 1988 and Pleasant Drive Assembly merged into Pleasant Grove Assembly.
Pleasant Grove First Assembly of God began a two phase building project in 1969. The beautiful, God built, auditorium was dedicated November 16, 1975.
In 1973, Pastor Larry Lakey took the helm of Pleasant Grove First Assembly Of God Church. It was a blessing when Pleasant Drive merged with Pleasant Grove First in 1988.
Gross Road Assembly Of God started in an Elementary School in the fall of 1967 by Bro. Clifford Johnson. The land at 1730 Gross Road was purchased in February of 1968. In July of 1978, Bro. Stauffer became pastor of the newly named Central Assembly Of God.
On July 4, 1993 Pleasant Grove First Assembly Of God merged with Central Assembly of God, assuming the name Central Assembly Of God using the Pleasant Grove Charter. Bro. Lakey remained pastor until his retirement in 1998.
Bro. Michael Gordon became pastor and reignited the flame for building. We began with a complete refurbishing of the interior of the facility.
Bro. RJ Koland became pastor in November of 2003. May 23, 2004 Central Mesquite Assembly Of God, Inc. was set in order with new Assembly Of God and State Of Texas Charters.
Soooo!!! Boulevard and Pleasant Drive Assemblies merged into Pleasant Grove First Assembly of God. Pleasant Grove First Assembly of God merged with Central Assembly of God which was formally Gross Road Assembly. Pleasant Grove Assembly, DBA, Central Assembly Of God re-chartered as Central Mesquite Assembly Of God, Inc.